London Junior Ballet

Alfred71

Hi all just looking at other associate programmes for my DD and wondering about London Junior Ballet as they have an audition date coming up in September. Has anyone got experience of their DCs auditioning - is it v difficult to get into?

My daughter auditioned last year and I got told on the day that she had a space,.

I got a bit confused on the day As there was no reception and my daughter went into another studio by accident as there was another school using it.

The teacher was very nice although favouritism went on with girls whom had been there for years

My daughter in the end choose another associates more near us.

But said that the younger group looked very friendly and they all looked like little ballerina s

Thanks for your responses. I'm a bit reticent I think - DD has just had a no from JAs - expected as competition was massive but not sure about trying other auditions. Don't want to set her up to fail although we only tried JAs on her teacher's recommendation and she has also been encouraging about trying other associate schemes. Good to know it's been a lovely positive experience though at LJB!

Quite a few of the dancers at our local school go to LJB/LSB and many have continued there even when attending other Associate classes on Saturdays. My understanding is the audition is a nice class, the results come out quickly and the groups are relatively small. The only reason my two haven't auditioned is because I am desperately trying to keep one day of the week free!!

I would be guided by your daughter. In some ways,I think it actually makes it easier when they have already had a "no". Before the first no they don't know what it feels like of course (and nor do we really) so I think that's the hardest part. If, despite now having a much better idea of how that feels, your DD is still keen to audition then I would let her, but if she seems reticent maybe leave things for a bit. It's a hard line to walk sometimes - you don't want to put them through multiple confidence damaging experiences, yet at the same time every audition is different and you don't want to miss out on possible exciting opportunities. Has she expressed an opinion on doing more auditions?