Northern Ballet recruiting now

aileen

I think whenever they need new people as it does seem to vary according to the company. Some seem to be on a fairly regular annual basis, others hire by the season so might audition twice a year and others seem to be only now and again. We started looking at companies DD was interested in a few years before to try and see who auditioned when.

Today I have seen that the National Ballet of Portugal (CNB) are holding auditions as are Disneyland Paris. A couple of weeks ago I also saw a notice from New Adventures calling dancers for auditions. The only link I have right now is for CNB. Would it be a good idea to start a new topic for this ? I assume (and hope) that DC's at vocational school would have help and advice about when and where to audition, but you never know....There is also an event this year called Grand Dance Audition Europe (I think) where various AD's watch and can choose dancers for their companies. I'll have a google and post the link later if I can. x

http://www.cnb.pt/auditions2016

I think 2nd year vocational is quite a sensible time to start getting a better idea of what is out there.  We looked at Dance Europe online,  balletcompanies.com and networkdance.com.  For network dance you need to set up a profile to be able to access full details of each audition posted but it is free to do so .  Looking on the websites of companies that interest you is a good idea too as often they post information before it goes to any outside organisation or publication.

Last but not least - the vocational schools do of course give advice to their students.  DDs graduation year had a facebook page where teachers posted details of auditions they heard about (and still do) as well as them talking individually to each students and their individual aspirations to see if they can help.  After all, the aim is to get the students into work!

That particular advert did not specify a minimum period of professional experience but some adverts do, particularly adverts for contemporary positions. I have noticed that the new 'corps' dancers joining ENB this season and in recent seasons are a mixture of graduating students and dancers who have been dancing with other companies.

• Like 1