MDS and uniform - Elmhurst

mimi'smom

Are there any current Elmhurst parents who can tell me exactly what uniform the MDS covers at Elmhurst as the information on the website isn't very clear? I understand that the school's formal uniform isn't covered. The website states that ballet uniform is covered but is this just leotards and shoes? And is it just strictly ballet uniform? What about tracksuits etc? Am I right in assuming that these aren't included other than for lower income families?

Apologies - I AM as confused as this posting makes me sound!!!!

Many thanks for any information!

Angela x

• Like 1

MDS funding covers tracksuits as well, in fact nearly everything except the formal wear. I even brought joggers from Tesco's sent the receipts in and was refunded. We had to give a desposit to the uniform shop when we started which we got back at the end of the 1st year. I think that is just in case you over spend, which is probably easier for the girls than the boys. The students can go to the dance shop when it goes to the school and buy what they need and they deduct the money from your MDS or your credit/debit card you register with them. Though we found ballet shoes were quite expensive through them. The amount of MDS towards dance uniform a few years ago for us was about £600 if I remember correctly. You get a letter telling you how much money you have for dance uniform and you spend it how you want, It was very useful and helped us enormously.

Every year Angela. Make sure you spend it all thou as you can't carry it over - I didn't fully appreciate that when DD was in yr 7 and had about £100 left, which we 'lost'. This time round if she hasn't spent it all we'll be getting some things for next academic yr. Like KathyG, we have bought things from other places and posted the receipts.

]

Bupa is covered by the MDS you have to pay the first £100 of any treatment though. BUPA also only covers 14 physio treatments then you pay £45 per session or go NHS

It's worth noting that if you start treatment under private cover the NHS will normally charge you if they have to pick up continuing treatment if started private, a few have been caught out with this in the past and it gets expensive depending on the HA and age of the person (some cover children) alsothe NHs also has been known to class treatment as elective or lower priority depending on what it is, they don't necessarily have the budget or willingness to cater for sports injuries in the way that we would often like, hens the need for bupa in the first place)

just to see if a mds covers boarding or is this a seperate issue and if so what is the cost .

Yes. MDS covers all tuition and boarding,means tested according to income. When DS became a day student for his final year our contribution was less because of this. Costs vary from school to school. Costs for boarding can be found out by simply deducting what a day student fees are from that of a boarder.