Firebird by Béjart, Sky Arts

Firebird, was broadcast on Sky Arts (immediately after 422) with POB dancing  the Béjart choreography.  I have always adored the original Fokine choreography but I also love this version.  It is some years since I last saw it but it is still incredibly moving.  It starts with a group freedom fighters/revolutionaries and the Firebird represents hope/justice/righteousness - choose your own interpretation.  If you haven't seen it, look out for it in the schedules, it is bound to be repeated.

• Like 2

Firebird, was broadcast on Sky Arts (immediately after 422) with POB dancing  the Béjart choreography.  I have always adored the original Fokine choreography but I also love this version.  It is some years since I last saw it but it is still incredibly moving.  It starts with a group freedom fighters/revolutionaries and the Firebird represents hope/justice/righteousness - choose your own interpretation.  

Is this the one Alvin Ailey or Dance Theatre of Harlem, can't remember which, brought to Sadler's Wells some years ago?  It sounds distinctly familiar.