Upper school tring solo

Flexible Fred

Hello it's me again

Now for the tring solo does this need to be something magical that is made up by her teacher

I'm thinking of costs here to be frank ie private lessons for this, Christmas is coming and all that !

Would it be frowned upon just to do a dance from the currant grade she is studying ie intermediate ?

Would they think she has not bothered to put any effort in if she did?

There have been previous discussions about this, here's one - I just searched the forum for Tring solo: http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/5833-tring-6th-form-auditions-2014-entry/page-2?hl=%2Btring+%2Bsolo#entry75285

In a nutshell, as long as the solo shows the dancer off to good advantage, it can be newly choreographed or a variation from an exam syllabus.

My DD choreographed her own with a little input from me when she needed somebody to look crtically at what she had done. She chose a piece of music that inspired her which I think makes a difference in how she performed. It wasn't perfect, lets face it she was not an experienced choreographer but she enjoyed doing it and it meant something to her. Also she could say at the audition that she was the choreographer and I am sure that puts the DDs in a good light. Just something your DD might want to think about. One minute is not long and maybe she could ask her regular teacher for some input when she has done it to check she is showing herself in the best way.

Just a suggestion,

DRSC

• Like 1