MDS query

Busymum

I am after some advice re MDS.

Friend's DD is auditioning for vocational school this year and would need an MDS. She is separated from her husband and needs to know if they take the husband's income into account or is it just the income of the house the child lives in? She fears her exDH won't help pay the fees.

The Music & Dance Scheme is a means-tested scheme open to children who satisfy the age and UK residence qualifications. The level of funding provided is dependent on the gross parental income in the household where the child normally resides, with an allowance given for other dependent children in the household.

(Took this from the Elmhurst website!)

When my DD had an MDS 3 years ago, I had to supply my income only plus any court ordered child maintenance.  I didn't have to put my partners income on the form as he is not her biological father.  However if you are married, even if it is not your DC's biological father, then you have to include both the household incomes on the form.  For a DaDA it is on household income, regardless of whether you are married or not.  I hope this makes sense. LTD