Akram Khan: DESH, London, May/June 2017

Foteini Christofilopoulou was at the rehearsal for DESH, by and performed by Akram Khan, at Sadlers Wells in London, May/June 2017

Here are some photos:

34876600981_e5887763c8_z.jpg

Akram Khan
© Foteini Christofilopoulou.
Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

34845193612_f1f5229417_z.jpg

Akram Khan
© Foteini Christofilopoulou.

See more...
Set from DanceTabs: Akram Khan Company - DESH

• Like 2

• John Mallinson changed the title to Akram Khan: DESH, London, May/June 2017

I was at Sadler's Wells last night. DESH is a work of such incredible imagination, depth, beauty, humour, pathos and humanity. With Akram Khan at its (wildly beating) heart. His dancing is superb and he commands the stage whether moving or still. The work explores ideas relating to identity, family, love, myth, death, loss, anger, faith; and it uses theatre (magnificent design and lighting), dance and music to their maximum potential. During the performance the audience was silent in total absorption in and response to Khan; it then erupted in a huge standing ovation for him. I am so sad that this won't be performed again, but so grateful to have seen it both in 2011 and now.

• Like 2

I was overwhelmed when I saw it at The Lowry a couple of years ago and feel privileged to have seen it. Akram Khan has an almost mystical quality about his movement and I wish I had had more chances to see him dance over the years.

• Like 2