Press Release: Birmingham Royal Ballet holds open auditions for young dancers to appear in The Nutcracker at the Royal Albert Hall

Jan McNulty

Got 'no' letter today :mellow: Hardly surprising really, given the odds!

I do wonder if mostly JAs that have got through.....

Speaking of which, we also got the 'JA SWL is now closed' email - double whammy in one day !

Oh well, onwards and upwards.......:rolleyes:

Have heard from a friend of a boy which has had a recall. I didn't realise previously they were doing recalls - thought it was yes, no or reserve list. Maybe the strategy changed when they had so many applications, although presumably they already knew numbers when they were giving out the info at the auditions? Oh well, I guess we'll find out soon enough!

• Like 1

No I hadn't realised they were doing recalls either. And at the audition they definitely said we'd hear via email and yet people seem to have had letters (bet that's cost them a pretty penny! Sending out 300+ letters!). 

Argh! It's driving me insane. Fingers crossed for a letter tomorrow! Lol. 

Maybe you just know some great dancers/performers Ms Sunshine? They can't have recalled that many surely? Sorry to hear it was a no for your dd. The odds were so ridiculous, my dd is fully expecting that result but still wants the letter 😂

18 hours ago, MAK said:

Maybe you just know some great dancers/performers Ms Sunshine? They can't have recalled that many surely? Sorry to hear it was a no for your dd. The odds were so ridiculous, my dd is fully expecting that result but still wants the letter 😂

I think your dd was on a waiting list for that recall in case children could not make it. That is one stage better than lots so she should be very proud! One girl is amazing going and the other two I have just heard about. x