Hammond Open Day Sat 1 October

sarahw

Hi all - for those who don't know this is open to potential and existing parents etc.

My first query is - when you get there is it easy to find where your dc is dancing or in academic class? Know us newbie parents will have specific agendas!!

Secondly - plea from dd - please keep on going on tours all morning as she is down to do tours late on and is worried no-one will be left! I guess that's a satisfied customer!!

• Like 1

You need to ask your daughter the day before what she is doing & in what order then look it up on the sheet you will be given on arrival.

And last year exactly that happened to my dd so I got her to give me a tour instead!

Existing parents won't want tours- they will want to follow their child's classes.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight

I never have although the first year when I couldn't attend someone sent me a photo.

I don't think as a parent I would be too comfortable with videoing as it is a class with corrections etc they will be doing not a performance.

Last year dds teacher deliberatly set work they'd never done before so parents could see the process.

We weren't allowed to record or take photos but that didn't matter. We thoroughly enjoyed watching dd dance and were so impressed with the improvements she has made in just 4 weeks, we are extremely proud and everyone at the school has been so supportive in helping dd settle in, she is loving it!  :D

• Like 5

My life long friend attended Hammond back in the 80's 

Still gainfully employed as a full time dance teacher, (ballet, tap, modern) having worked in Germany, Canada and Bermuda and back home.

Now in her 50's I would say that is a true reflection of the training she received at Hammond. 

• Like 2