Royal Danish Ballet Season 2015 - 2016

Next year's programme has just been announced:

Short Time Together

Short Time Together (Leon/Lightfoot)

New work (Idan Sharabi)

The Death that Best Preserves (Natalia Horecna)

Sept 25 – Nov 14 2015

DANS2GO

Swan Lake – the white act

New work (Tilman O'Donnell)

Oct 22 – Dec 1 2015

Nutcracker (Balanchine)

Dec 4 – 22 2015

La Sylphide

Theme and Variations

Jan 6 – Feb 27 2016

Romeo and Juliet (Neumeier)

Mar 4 – Apr 14 2016

Don Quixote ( new production by Hubbe)

Apr 30 – May 25 2016

Come Fly Away (Twyla Tharp)

May 21 – Jun 2 2016

Rystet spejl (Shaken Mirror)

New piece by Kim Brandstrup

May 28 Jun 4 2016

Also:

Fabelmageren – a ballet for children

Hubberiet – several evenings on different topics presented by Hubb

Horisonten – a theatre/dance/opera/etc piece with Gudrun Bojesen and Sorella Englund among many others

A farewell performance for Gudrun Bojesen, sometime in April

• Like 1

I like the look of the new Don Q (!) Plus if their Nutcracker is Balanchine I assume this means it's identical to the NYCB one? If so then that's a far easier trip than NY to make hurrah! I really like Balanchine's Nutcracker.

Yes - I was hoping for a repeat of the new Kermessen in Bruges. But they have had to cut their programming down so much in the last 2 or 3 years that there's hardly room for two Bournonville programmes. Maybe Gudrun Bojesen will ask for something of his in her farewell programme (though she's just as likely to want to play her saxophone or dance flamenco or something equally off the wall).

The problem for me is the way that everything I really want to see is after Christmas - it looks a really thin start to the season.

By the way this is the fourth production of Don Quixote they have tried  in this same (very pretty) decor - Grigorovitch - Nureyev - Alonso - Hubbe. Hope they get it right this time - for myself I don't think they need a Don Q any more than the RB does. (Though I just saw that Bournonville made one - a 3 act ballet called 'Don Quixote at Camacho's Wedding' in 1837, only a few months after La Sylphide )

• 3 months later...

Gudrun Bojesen's farewell performance has been postponed, for the happy reason that she's expecting her first child in December. It's hoped there will be a chance for her audience to say goodbye to her at the beginning of next season.

There's a long interview with her, worth running through Google translate, in the Danish paper Berlingske

• Like 1