Olivier Award Winners for Dance

Most unusually, there were two winners for Best New Dance Production: 32 Rue Vandenbranden by Peeping Tom at The Barbican, and Mats Ek's Juliet and Romeo for Royal Swedish Ballet at Sadlers Wells.

Outstanding Achievement in Dance went to Crystal Pite for her three productions for The Associates at Sadlers Wells.

Sylvie Guillem received a special achievement award.

Many congratulations to them and to all the nominees.

• Like 3

Outstanding Achievement in Dance went to Crystal Pite for her three productions for The Associates at Sadlers Wells.

I am delighted about the award for Pite.  I have loved her work at Sadler's Wells.  The movement she uses is so distinctive and I have been fascinated by each piece I have seen.  All of The Tempest Replica, Polaris and A Picture of You Falling were extraordinary and some of the best things I have seen over the last 15 months or so.  I'm so pleased she is now an Associate Artist at SW and really hope O'Hare will bring her in to do something with the Royal Ballet.  I think she would do something much more interesting with them than Hofesh did (and what a contrast there was in the quality of their work at the SW Associates evening earlier this year; she outclassed him by a mile).  It would also be great to a female choreographer working with the Royal.

Edited by barton22
  • Like 2