funding reserve list at bird

sarah761

Thanks

Last year we were the same & it is so scary; I have to say thought the pre-voc was the right decision for DD lots of things will be easier for her this year so she can concentrate on studying more

Which was something I never thought of last year

My DD has just been offered reserve list for degree at Bird. Does anyone know what the likelihood of getting offered a place from reserve list? She desperately wants to go there. Has been offered Laines but wants Bird!

Congrats katymac. I rang them to ask. They said ok to reserve place and to sit tight as have only given out very few of dada so far. Still got 700 kids to see!! But if they have a place on diploma then stand good chance but obviously can't guarantee. They said always lots of movement right up to summer hols...

Thanks Janet - I likea tidy mind :)

That sounds scary Sarah - so, not to boast, they must only have given a mall proportion of places out & a much smaller proportion of DaDAs

We'll have to accept with a proviso that if she doesn't get a DaDA she can't come

Hi Sarah761

The year my dd auditioned it was June before her place was actually confirmed.

We were the first year of the new dada rules , a possible theory as to why the letters are now worded differently.

My dds offer came on the same day as the students from the pre-voc course, possibly they wait to see who they want off this course .

A couple of friends were waiting on a place and one was told there are 4 waiting lists according to their strengths, therefore it would depend on who gave their place back as to who then received it .

Please do not take this as gospel as it is 3rd hand information but just thought it was worth a mention .

It's so unsettling

DD has just posted this on Facebook:

"Got a really unexpected surprise yesterday that I got into Bird College; was not really considering it an option for next September, nor expecting to get in, but this has sortve changed my mind! Very very pleased and shocked"

So she is as shocked as I was that she got in :wacko:

• Like 1