RAD Adult Ballet Repertoire Workshops

Michelle_Richer

Swan Lake Adult Repertoire Workshop 15th March 2015

St Marys School, Bateman Street, Cambridge CB2 1LY

Students aged 18 and Above 2.30pm to 5pm (£36.25)

Closing date Feb 23rd

Don Quixote Adult Repertoire Workshop 17 May 2015

Fitzgraham Academy of Dance, Units 19 & 20, Forest Gate Industrial Park, Pewsham, Chippenham SN15 3RS

Students aged 18 and Above 10.30am to 1pm (£36.25)

Closing date April 27th

Swan Lake Adult Repertoire Workshop 25th July 2015

Parish Hall, La Grande Route de St. Ouen, St. Ouen JE3 2HY

Closing date June 29th

For application form follow the link :

http://www.rad.org.uk/documents/dance-school-docs/TrainingWorkshopApplicationFormFOREMAIL.doc

Return the completed application form by the closing date by mail, fax or email to:

Training Department

Royal Academy of Dance

36 Battersea Square

London SW11 3RA

e: courses@rad.org.uk

f: +44 (0)20 7924 3129

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Sleeping Beauty Adult Repertoire Workshop (London) 31 May 2015 

Venue: RAD headquarters, 36 Battersea Square, London SW11 3RA

Closing date 4th May 2015

Follow link : http://www.rad.org.uk/events/sleeping-beauty-adult-repertoire-workshop-london

Yes I saw this today but can't make it again!!

Ive moved my Cornwall visit to first week of June because of the extra LAB rehearsal and so may now still do Franziskas workshop on the Saturday 30th.

Unfortunately this is the very next day so have to choose one or the other........all depending anyway on my knee recovering by then but it's already very much better so should be okay.

I really need to know about these workshops well in advance......months before ......so I can balance out which ones to attend.

It's a shame because the RAD ones are very good.

Are you going?

I’m not sure but most probably. Unfortunately I don’t know what scene(s) they are covering, I find that extremely infuriating. It’s like buying a pig in a poke so to speak. However they do advise dancers what is being covered about a week before the workshop, but that isn’t always followed by the RAD teacher..

I have a similar issue with our LAB Intensives as we have the two summers ones on ballet’s I’m really interested in Giselle and La Bayadere. The cost of those with travel and accommodation for me will work out about £1000 a time, this will buy quite a lot of dedicated one-to-tuition on the particular variations I’m interested in. Never the less I would miss dancing with the LAB Intensive regulars.

As for needing to know months in advance, there is always the Swan Lake Workshop in Jersey on the 25th of July.

I don’t know if you are aware, but RAD were setting up a focus group for future syllabus development of repertoire. The meeting was to take place at RAD this Monday the 30th, sadly I couldn’t make it, however I did get an advance copy of their questionnaire/feedback document which I completed and sent in to Lucinda Hennessy of RAD who is dealing with this.

Edited by Michelle_Richer