Dance gear for boys/men.

Mark T

I think this was talked about on the old forum but can't remember what was said! My daughter has come home from Germany with her dancing boyfriend and they went to London to buy some new dance clothes. Much to her surprise the dance shops do not cater for men. So where do your dancing sons get their clothes? Is it all Internet shopping?

When my son was training we used to use "Wear Moi". Also Bloch sometimes had some. But otherwise was tough. I don't have to worry now as he is professional, buys his own and he works in Munich too.:-) mind you did wonder the other day if he has bought much new there in the last couple of years.

Have just been looking in the dance direct catalogue and there is a small selection for men, though not a lot. Better than I've seen before. The shops in town used to have a small selection though last time we went Bloch had nothing. Luckily I can make unitards which gives DS some choice. Discussing with DD how much leotards have changed since she started dancing both in style and colour.

I'm afraid yes it's all online- most ballet shops I've ever been in have a limited selection for small boys and that's about it.

The very best site I have found is Porselli- (https://dancewear.co.uk/) they have a good range for boys/men and very fast delivery (usually within 24hrs, but if you need it urgently do ring and check as if it's not in stock they don't tell you, they just wait for it to arrive...). They stock bloch, capezio, wearmoi, sansha etc and they also do great sales (eg ballet flats for £2). The only thing they don't stock is Grishko shoes and mens dance tops ( if they prefer them to leotards). Grishkos you can get at PlanetDancedirect.com but they are much slower delivery, fitted t shirts at dancedirect.com again not as fast or cheap as Porselli but a reasonable range

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...