ENB Adult Ballet Intensive: Modern Masters 29 March 2015

Michelle_Richer

English National Ballet

Markova House, London

29 Mar 2015

10:00 – 16:00

Members: £40 / Non-Members: £50

Ballet Intensives provide the opportunity for adult dancers to hone their dance skills in an inspiring day of dance workshops. Warming up with a BalletFit session, followed by a ballet class focusing on the core technical elements of flexibility, strength and alignment, the day builds towards learning extracts from Modern Masters, the triple bill being performed at Sadler's Wells, featuring works by renowned choreographers Jiří Kylián, John Neumeier and William Forsythe. The day ends with an informal sharing, friends and families and invited to watch. Early booking is recommended.

Follow the Link http://www.ballet.org.uk/whats-on/modern-masters/ballet-intensive-modern-masters/

I’m not sure if I will do it or not, its certainly not expensive but unless I know exactly what I am a getting I’m inclined to let it go. I will have to see what Franziska’s up too, as the few rep classes I have done with her have been extremely good and with little simplification.

I trying to limit the amount of new material unless they are solo’s and only then if they accurately represent that of the classic. In any case I already have more than enough that I need to consolidate through a combination of private coaching and regular sustained practice.

I think for me the future is towards far more one-to-one coaching for solo’s from the classics. Even LABs Intensives have become less appealing as they have become more simplified against some of the early ones. I will be organising my own one-to-one intensives based on my requirements, I have already approached BalletWest on the feasibility of this and are still waiting to hear from them.