Dorchester- new ballet company auditioning

tutoo2much

THis might be of interest to dancers based in Dorset. Audition Notice - Spirit of Light, Ballet Ensemble

AUDITION NOTICE

Spirit of Light

Ballet Ensemble

spiritoflightballet@live.co.uk

A Community Interest Company (No. 8958480)

Motivated and passionate male and female ballet dancers* are required to be a part of this unique new amateur-professional not-for-profit ballet company based in Dorchester (West Dorset).

Members receive an Open Company Class plus intensive rehearsals and coaching, with additional Pas de Deux (Partnering) and Pointe training also offered. No exams or syllabus work provided as the company is entirely ‘performance-based’.

You should be positive and open-minded in your approach to dance, desire to be a valuable part of a team, and be willing to develop your creative, interpretive and expressive talents. Must possess a secure classical ballet technique and be willing to study to a more advanced level.

All levels of experience/ability welcome to join as we are looking for a diverse range of talents.

An Information-sharing session will be held in April for dancers to learn more about the company

For further details please enquire by email in the first instance. Auditions/Interviews in May.

Art to Inspire and Heal the Soul

Positions Available for:

Male & Female

Adult Ballet Dancers*

(Any age, experience, background)

Limited places for:

Male & Female

Youth Ballet Dancers*

(Aged 14-17 years who are

Working at or above

Intermediate Foundation)

* Please Note that we are a not-for-profit

Amateur-Professional company and that

membership fees will apply

Just looked this up on Google.  It is run by the same person who set up South Coast Ballet based in Poole a few years ago -  it closed recently.  The standard was not very high and I did not recommend it to my pupils.  Other teachers I know personally in the area also felt the same.