advanced foundation results

ballerinabling

Graded and vocational graded results can differ quite a bit as the emphasis is on different things. Your DD's intermediate and intermediate foundation results may give an indication as to her likely AF result - but of course a slippery or sticky floor in the exam venue, a strict or 'not keen on that candidate's style' examiner etc can mean that results can be in the lap of the gods and can sometimes bear no resemblance to the result expected by teachers who know their students well (both ways - sometimes there are very unexpected distinctions or previous high-scoring candidates may get an unexpectedly low mark). As has been previously discussed on the forum, vocational graded candidates need to be mature enough to realise that the mark they are awarded for a once-off snapshot of their abilities does not matter unduly compared to their improvement and attainment as assessed at every class by their teachers.

Good luck to your DD and I hope her result is what she is hoping for!

Edited by Legseleven
  • Like 2

No way of telling unfortunately students are very much examined on what they show on the day how the syllabus has been studied how they fulfill the assessment criteria etc. I've had students get 98-100 on grades and not make a distinction in vocational a and likewise scrape distinctions in grades and get a good distinction in a vocational exam. I hope she does well xx