Places to eat in Battersea?

Pups_mum

DD is going to do the intensive Advanced 1 course in August and I'll be taking my 2 younger sons down for a spot of sight seeing whilst she's there. We've done this a couple of times before but always in self catering accommodation so I've not taken much notice of the eateries in the area. However, since my husband can't come this year we will all fit in one hotel room and I've just got a brilliant deal on a room at the Battersea Travelodge for the 5 days of the course. That means we are going to have to eat out every day so I could do with some ideas of decent, family friendly and ideally not too expensive places we can try. Does anyone have any recommendations? (I know it's months away yet, but I am a bit of an obsessive planner when it comes to holidays!)

The Slug & Lettuce at Clapham junction isn't far...and on Mondays all food is half price. There's a Pizza Express opposite the art college and places along the river just past the heliport (where the staff will merrily wave and chat to small children... I'm not sure how young yours are so that may be highly uncool).

Have you ever taken your DSs geocaching? There are some good finds in the area around RAD and lots in Battersea Park.

There is also a nice Italian in the square itself, called something Melanzana , which is good. Always lots of families there and they were very happy for my dd and I to sit over a cuppa for ages. I had brunch in a wine bar virtually next door to RAD but I am not sure what their evening menu is like.The food was lovely and the staff extremely welcoming.

Apparently the museum near chelsea barracks is very interesting, though never been myself. It's on the 170 bus route in Victoria direction.

I am like you, I like to plan well in advance!

Hi, There is an Italian just down from the travel lodge that was nice ( the Battersea one not Clapham junction one) They will make things for the children that are not on the menu. My DD likes sweetcorn and ham pizza.

;) They were really sweet with little DD.

The war museum by Chelsea is really good and cafe was ok and not too expensive. Depending on how young your sons are there is a ball play place on the ground floor of the museum.