Vincent and Flavia - Dance 'til Dawn

I saw Vincent and Flavia's new show - Dance 'til Dawn - at the Liverpool Empire last night.  It's huge fun!

The show is more of a musical than just an exhibition of dance and is set in the early 1940s in Hollywood.  Vincent and Flavia didn't act, except through dance but there was a narrator/actor and an actress who sang (wonderfully) but didn't dance and a singing/dancing chorus line.  The band was terrific.

Vincent and Flavia "just" danced but oh how they danced - a variety not just tango.  But the tango they did at the end was worth the entrance money on its own!

Light entertainment - yes - but as I said it was huge fun!

• Like 3

I saw Midnight Tango last year and thought it was very good. Have you seen this too? Did you think Dance 'til Dawn was as good? It's coming to Norwich soon and I haven't yet decided whether to book or not!

Yes, I saw Midnight Tango and loved it!  This show is a bit different in that there is more of an attempt at a story line and it has more variety of dance styles.  As I said I thought it was huge fun.  I think if you enjoyed Midnight Tango you will enjoy this as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just come back from seeing this in Birmingham and it's a great evenings entertainment. The whole cast is excellent and I have to agree with Janet that it's worth going just to see the final Tango from Vincent and Flavia. Their feet moved so quickly they were almost a blur. Also loved the slower dances they did. It got a standing ovation at the end and thoroughly deserved it. Vincent gave a cheeky blown kiss to ladies sitting at the front of the Stalls at the end!

• Like 1