Vaccination requirements at vocational schools?

2peas

Hello!  I'm curious as to whether all the vocational schools require children to be up to date on all their vaccinations?  A friend of mine said they get flu jabs at WL so I was just wondering if this is the same for all of the 4 main schools?  Is it optional or a school policy for everyone - and also when taking up a place in the schools is it a requirement to have all other childhood vaccinations up to date?  Also is the policy the same for boarding and day students?  I know this can be a sensitive subject and I've tried to do a search but couldn't find anything regarding this, this is just out of  interest in what the school requirements are and not what the pros and cons of vaccinations are I hope its ok to ask here.

thanks!

Edited by 2peas

I don't recall seeing anything about vaccinations at dds school & as we paid for single mmr jabs technically she's not up to date

At her previous school (private primary) we had to sign to say whether her tetanus was up to date as they did lots of outdoor stuff

She's not had flu jab but she doesn't board. Teachers & boarders I think can get them free alongside asthma sufferers due to the fact that things fly round when living in such close proximity to each other.

At RBS and Tring we were sent letters asking if we wished ds to have flu jab. We always said yes!

And I remember having to fill in medical forms for both schools which I think included asking about innoculation history.

Dont remember it being a compulsory requirement but its a long time ago now!

We were asked to give permission for dd to have the 3 cervical cancer prevention jabs, the same as non dd at her academic school. They have been done in school with her year group. Never been asked about what she had before she went or offered flu jab whilst she was there, but saying that, if I wanted her to have one, I would sort it whilst she was home.