Pure speculation: do we think the DADA system will change this year?

Katymac

As it changed so late last year, is it possible it will change again this year?

And do you think dance schools/colleges will be offering English & Maths GCSE as children have to continue studying if they haven't passed?

I'm just cogitating.......

Unfortunately I doubt it.  Even if the govt has taken on board all the criticisms I think it would take a lot longer before anything changes.  Equally I doubt if the dance schools/colleges will offer English & Maths GCSE.  If these are obligatory then it is more likely that they will say that passing these exams will be necessary before a student can be accepted..

Personally I wonder imagine they will be looking to see if the new DADA works (for them not us) over at least a 2 year period before implanting any changes and then I can only assume it will take a couple of years on top of that to actually make the changes.

Re English and maths - I think that will depend on the actual school/college. Like PDQ I suspect that students will have had to pass these subjects to be accepted onto the course. However, those that offer A levels may be able to offer English and Maths GCSE, instead of A levels. I know one of the options on the A level selection table was actually GCSE Maths when DD started 2 years ago. I guess it is a balancing act though as they need a minimum number of students at a school usually for a subject to be offered and I doubt any school will want to disadvantage students wanting to take A levels in favour of those who have not passed GCSES.