How many pointe shoes?

Its her Life

My dd is about to start full-time vocational training in Sept and we are debating about how many pairs of pointe shoes she will need to go off with!  Having not trained full-time before, it is difficult to guage how many she is going to get though until we know how many hours of pointe she will do per week.  However, having just done two weeks summer school, she broke one pair within a week.  So I'm just interest to know how many pairs everyone else kits their dd's out with at the beginning of a new term?

My dd is about to start full-time vocational training in Sept and we are debating about how many pairs of pointe shoes she will need to go off with!  Having not trained full-time before, it is difficult to guage how many she is going to get though until we know how many hours of pointe she will do per week.  However, having just done two weeks summer school, she broke one pair within a week.  So I'm just interest to know how many pairs everyone else kits their dd's out with at the beginning of a new term?

My DD has 4 pairs of pointe shoes at the moment, but never has less than a minimum of 3.  2 pairs for class to alternate, and 1 for solos/performances, plus 2 pairs of soft blocks.  Not sure where your DD will be training, but the schools normally fit the students for their shoes during the first week of term, if you have not already sorted this out. Hope this helps LTD 

• Like 2