City Academy 1 day Swan Lake Workshop at Royal Opera House

Michelle_Richer

City Academy are launching the third in a series of Swan Lake Workshops, this time at The Royal Opera House Covent Garden on Sunday the first of December. Its on their website but with very little detail, other than its single 1 day workshop running from 10am to 9pm. The cost is £120.

AS soon as I have any further info regarding Acts / Scenes etc I will post them here.

• Like 3

I have looked on their website and can find nothing about this workshop....only the summer one which has just finished.

How do you access this info on their website it's not in the Swan Lake section that I can see or have they sent this info out privately in emails to people who attended the previous ones. I would like to have a go at this December one if can see the info first

Hi Lin

The website is a bit of a shambles, it is there, the text is the old text but go into to timetable and booking and that's is new, as for the scenes being taught, I emailed them as I wanted to promote it via flyers in Pineapple etc, but they don't have anything yet. I was going to use the info on their website but as you see, its not suitable as its out of date. I hope that helps.

• Like 1

Have just emailed them before I saw your post!! But I will have another look anyway thanks. Hope your heels are better. My muscle pull has gone completely now just left with some sore skin on right foot which is a nuisance but nothing really and no old injuries played up after all.....realise this should be on the other thread but not much time tonight!!

Thanks for the heads up Michelle I have booked a place for the workshop looking forward to seeing you again in December - we met in Birmingham at the Aladdin workshop :) So exciting to dance at the ROH in the ROH studios!

As an aside I am so jealous of everyone who was able to attend LAB I am hoping to attend next year. The Sun King Dance camps held in North America also look amazing so if those don't clash timetable wise I would love to attend one of those too.

Have had a reply to email yesterday so am also thinking of booking a place. It's the day after my birthday so a prezzie to myself!!

The trouble is have already bought my prezzie......the following week with trip to R and J with Osipova and Acosta.....nearly the same price!!! Guess one will have to be an early Christmas prezzie then!!

• Like 3

Hi Lartiste

I wondered what had happened to you. Yes the ROH has some nice studios, I've dance in some on levels 4 and 5 but I haven’t been there since February as I used to time share with another school at Angles Theatre in Cambridgeshire and in March we went on to rehearsals until the show in July, by the time that was finished my old ROH classes were on Summer Break.

My favourite posh studio is the upper studio at ENB, which Lin will experience when she does her taster class with them. Only drawback with that studio, in the last couple of weeks the floor has become a little sticky compared to what it used to be.