Midland theatre ballet

Amethyst

My dd has been part of MTb since may 2011 and loves it! She started last may and has been working towards participating in sleeping beauty which is in march this year in b'ham. The sessions are on a Sunday and they are auditioning in january for next years production. Audition packs are still available. The next rehearsals are due to start end of April.All classes have been excellent with excellent teaching staff including Birmingham royal ballet dancers. Cannot wait for the performance to see it all come together! And my dd cannot wait to perform with all the new friends she has made!

• 1 month later...

I don't believe so. I think it is a new scheme that only started last year. Entry is by audition and then there are weekly sessions on a Sunday, made up of technique classes followed by a rehearsal, I know of people doing it this year (and loving it) but my DDs had other commitments. As amethyst says it is not run by academic year but by auditions Feb time, classes start in April and the production is in the March. EYB run over a short period at each location and cover many locations each year and I thought each session was basically just rehearsals rather than the technique classes aswell. I am sure there will be other members on here with experience of both who could advise further.

The only thing I can think to add is that there is no pointe work with MTb for sleeping beauty. The lead role is on pointe and she is an elmhurst student (in the sixth form I think)and she partners a male student from sixth form at elmhurst. The tickets went on sale beginning of January and were sold out within a few weeks! They are auditioning feb for rehearsals starting in may.

• 1 month later...