Body-works Cambridge (workshops)

swe

Does anyone have any experience of this please? Have visited their website and the college looks impressive. DD interested in one of the summer workshops but always great to have 'first-hand' insight!

Thanks all

Swe

What course is she interested in? I paid a small fortune for my dd to do a jazz course there. They said they would use it to judge her as to which level tap grade she should be in. The week was a nightmare for her. There were West End professionals in it and the standard was incredibly high. She came home worn out and unhappy every night. In the end, we were told that whoever had told me about using the course to set her had been wrong and why didn't she do a tap week next week? No, thank you!

Hi Fizz

Yes it's the jazz course (a 4 day one). She is intermediate standard and will be moving into adv 1 so she does want something of a reasonable standard but I think it is difficult to judge standards before enrolling so I am glad I asked. I will give them a call maybe to clarify because I don't want a miserable dd and a thread-bare bank account!!

I'd be interested to know what they say as I had booked DD onto the Easter course & then it was cancelled (at the last minute).  They have offered me this one (I assume - at the end of August) at a reduced rate - but I'm not sure if DD would keep up

Hi Katymac-have spoken with Bodyworks and they say you need Grade5 ballet (they said RAD but dd is ADV 1 ISTD) So to be honest I am not that clear really-sounds like it may be ok but then from what Fiz has said the 'grade 5 thing' might be misleading mmm.. :wacko: may have to think over it a bit more!

Swe