Edinburgh Fringe Chance.

Fiz

My ex dd has wanted the chance to do the Fringe festival for four years and she's finally got it! The problem is, she's broke, we're broke and banks hate actors and drama students! She got to go,it would be an awful mistake not to. Money and the lack of is a real pain ;(

• Like 1

I guess it's baked beans for you all for a few months then!! Lets hope the British summer comes up to scratch for once so then you won't have to regret not having that well earned break abroad!!

Well that is hard going Fizz....certainly the no holiday at all bit! My record for not abroad though is 12 years on the trot!! Hopefully will get one in September this year. One of the good things about retirement is that one doesn't have to go in school holidays any more when all the prices go up a few hundred!

What is your daughter hoping to do as part of the Edinburgh Fringe?

Sounds great and who knows what openings could come from it. I wish I knew someone who lived up in or near Edinburgh who could offer you a cheap stay but unfortunately I don't. If you are going by train you can get very good deals on "advanced" fares which are released 12 weeks in advance. Coach travel can be cheaper if you don't get an advanced rail fare. The problem with driving up that distance apart from petrol cost is......could you do it all in one go or then you need an overnight stop somewhere which all adds to the expense....then let alone any parking fees which may have to be paid!! Two drivers sharing the driving could make it feasible though. Sometimes it's worth exploring whether the universities are offering any accommodation though if they are no doubt that's popular so have to book quickly. Also Youth Hostels are worth checking these days as often they offer more individual sleeping like single and double rooms as well as the dorms etc......I'm sure you don't have to do jobs any more either! Anyway hope it all gets sorted for you.

She is being sensible. She wants to read the play before she makes up her mind. She is already doing two shows but they are amateur ones. I know she won't let them down. She also has a part time job and is applying to drama school. Ain't life fun!

• Like 3

Dd has seen the script and sent it to me. To says it's awful is too kind! She will not be going anywhere or requiring my hard earned cash! I am sorry in a way but relieved to have such a sensible child :)

• Like 2