Royal Ballet, Period 4 Booking, April 2013

I booked my tickets in three different lots - after the disaster that was the last booking period.  (I was not looking for any Bolshoi as I had already booked those on the Hochauser Mailing List days).  I was overjoyed to get the insight with Renee Flemming and the two Capriccios in Concert at £4 a pop - BEST BARGAIN IN TOWN.  The ONLY mistake I made was NOT going for HANSEL AND GRETEL first!!!  WHY DOES THIS ONE ITEM HAVE TO BE ON THE PARIS OPERA BOOKING FORMAT -- WHERE YOU DO NOT GET TO SELECT YOUR SEAT/PLACE ... BUT SELECT THE BEST AVAILABLE.  I spent twenty minutes trying to get a place.  It kept showing them as being available.  I went in selected my area ... I was ONLY looking for 1 place ... and it kept coming up with the fact that they (whoever 'they' are) couldn't find 1 place 'together'.  I felt like writing back and saying I would take 'one place apart'.  I kept refreshing - sometimes seeing MORE tickets ... but ALWAYS had the same response.  A VERY PARISIAN EXPERIENCE;... ONE OF TOTAL FRUSTRATION ... I STRESS THAT THIS WAS THE CASE ON THAT ONE ACCOUNT ONLY ... NO OTHERS.  Why can't they just stick to the regular format????  They do so when Domingo or Kaufmann are singing ... and I assume they will do so when Osipova is dancing.  ???? How did others fare? 

Edited by Meunier

same as you - did get a hansel and gretel  1st at 10 am - then blew it all by taking too long and not noticing that my 30 mins was up and losing the lot - frustration does not describe - then my h and g ticket was visible on the page but got same message as you about cant get 1 toickets together - it was "MY" ticket - what was occurring - hate the system.......

I think the Hansel and Gretel issue is due to (what I understand is) the plan to set up the Linbury in traverse as they did for The Metamorphosis. My recollection is that online booking for Metamorphosis wouldn't let you choose your own seat in the arena area. Perhaps their online booking system can't easily be modified to reflect the different seating arrangement