The Winter's Tale, Royal Ballet

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, San Perregrino said:

(Apart from being shared on the Forum by a wellwisher), does anyone know where/to whom the code was sent originally? 

Actually just saw this offer on ROH instagram account so assuming it’s public. 

USE CODE LEONTES40

21, 24, 27 EVE, AND 28 MAY

IMG_0928.jpeg

Edited by Amanda Liu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Can I ask an extremely stupid question...quite where does one enter the code? I've been up down and sideways on the ROH website and can't find a promo Box between add to basket and enter card details to pay. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, poppysaeed said:

Can I ask an extremely stupid question...quite where does one enter the code? I've been up down and sideways on the ROH website and can't find a promo Box between add to basket and enter card details to pay. 

you enter the code after clicking on the date but before viewing the seating plan. Scroll down below ‘Help me find a seat’ and there is a box for promotional codes.

How would you like to find your seats?

If you have a promotional code, enter it here and apply before buying your tickets in order to access prices available to you.

Edited by San Perregrino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Was there a time limit on this code?   It’s not working for me on any of these dates, as at 11am on Sunday 19 May

i have followed @San Perregrino instructions and I’m told ‘the promotional code has been applied’ and then the prices on the seat map don’t change and not when selected to the basket either.  🤔 

Edited by FionaM

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, FionaM said:

Was there a time limit on this code?   It’s not working for me on any of these dates, as at 11am on Sunday 19 May

i have followed @San Perregrino instructions and I’m told ‘the promotional code has been applied’ and then the prices on the seat map don’t change and not when selected to the basket either.  🤔 

Still working for me on all proffered dates.... 21, 24, 27 evening and 28 May performances

PM me if I can get something for you

Edited by oncnp

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, FionaM said:

Perhaps you have the seat map already loaded? then you need to close it and start again. Putting the code in retrospectively doesn’t work.

And/or check it’s a qualifying date 

Edited by San Perregrino

22 minutes ago, FionaM said:

I found last night that it worked if I chose my seat immediately following confirmation that the promotional code had been applied but even a short delay meant that the discount was removed and I had to go through the whole procedure again from scratch.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, San Perregrino said:

If you have the seat map loaded then you need to close it and start again. Putting the code in retrospectively doesn’t work.

hmm I’ve closed all ROH tabs, tried private mode, tried using VPN, …. Still no discount showing 

Posted (edited)

@FionaM, if you don't mind my asking to help you get it to work, which area of seating are you choosing from- it doesn't work for boxes, seats normally designated as Friday Rush and standing. But it will work for the £34 amphi seats nearer the front than the Friday Rush ones. 

NB won't work for Nunez and Cuthbertson performances, and the Lamb performance on 1 June. 

Also you have to put LEONTES40 in the code box before going to seat map,  and clear your basket before putting the code in. 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Thanks 1

Ah I’ve found where I’ve gone wrong … once you select the seat you have two prices to choose from … which wasn’t legible  on my tablet. I can see them on my PC.  The software defaults to the more expensive price !!!

thanks everyone for the help offered.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, FionaM said:

@Emeralds I’m trying top price seats in stalls, stalls circle or grand tier on Mon 27/5 evening.

Yes, those ones worked for me for 27th evening. 

33 minutes ago, FionaM said:

Ah I’ve found where I’ve gone wrong … once you select the seat you have two prices to choose from … which wasn’t legible  on my tablet. I can see them on my PC.  The software defaults to the more expensive price !!!

thanks everyone for the help offered.

Hurrah! Well done for discovering the problem and solving it. I have one device that also has a similar glitch with another theatre- after I discovered the glitch I now book using a different device. Glad you managed to get the ticket at the discounted price!  👍 

• Like 1

Yes I stared at the two prices for a bit as was puzzled having entered the code etc why it would be asking if I wanted to pay full price anyway once I’d taken a punt lol and gone for discount price all went very well. 

Posted (edited)

It’s a subliminal message to flag up how much you’re saving
Otherwise, if only one price was shown, one might expect the 40% discounted price to be the price before any discount 😉

Edited by San Perregrino