It's been mentioned on here quite a few times in recent weeks, but I don't think we have a specific thread on it, so here goes:

The Paris Opera (Ballet) streaming service (POP) appears to offer paid-for and free live and recorded streams of their productions, masterclasses and rehearsals, both ballet and opera (and the School, too).  The options appear to be pay-per-view, or € 99 for a year's subscription (half that if you're under 28).  Seems like a bargain if you want to see something other than UK output.

https://play.operadeparis.fr/en

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• alison changed the title to Paris Opera Play - streaming
9 hours ago, alison said:

It's been mentioned on here quite a few times in recent weeks, but I don't think we have a specific thread on it, so here goes:

The Paris Opera (Ballet) streaming service (POP) appears to offer paid-for and free live and recorded streams of their productions, masterclasses and rehearsals, both ballet and opera (and the School, too).  The options appear to be pay-per-view, or € 99 for a year's subscription (half that if you're under 28).  Seems like a bargain if you want to see something other than UK output.

https://play.operadeparis.fr/en

The year's subscription is now half price if you are a subscriber to the Paris Opera. Subscriptions for performances open to the general public start today at noon, French time; subscribers get a reduction on the tickets booked through the subscription process if 4 or more performances are selected.

As an existing subscriber I have already booked tickets for next season, including Oregon, Mayerling, Sylvia, Paquita.

• Thanks 2