Bleuenn Battistoni named Étoile at Paris Opéra Ballet

Mlle Battistoni, performing for the second time as Lise, was named étoile at the curtain call after dancing La Fille Mal Gardée with Marcelino Sambé on Tuesday 26 March 2024.

It may be remembered that in 2022 she stepped in for the injured Alice Renavand as Giselle in what had been supposed to be the latter's farewell performance. She will get to dance the full rôle, starting on opening night, 29 April.

Paris Opéra Ballet announcement

The actual on-stage announcement

Backstage after the announcement

Edited by Sophoife
Tidied up links
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Congratulations to Bleuenn! Love the squeals from some of the audience when they worked out what was going to happen after they saw José Martinez and Alexander Neef walking out on stage 😀😄 .....well, they knew it wasn't Sambé getting promoted! My goodness, I knew Martinez was tall but he seems to tower over everybody at that performance! Lovely happy occasion after a lovely happy ballet. 👍 

• Like 3

Yes he is tall. When I acted as courier for a Melbourne friend with a ginormous (seriously, Bouquet Walking) spring bouquet for Hannah O'Neill last May, he was coming out of the Garnier stage door and held the door for me. I'm 5'3". He is tall.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sophoife said:

Yes he is tall. When I acted as courier for a Melbourne friend with a ginormous (seriously, Bouquet Walking) spring bouquet for Hannah O'Neill last May, he was coming out of the Garnier stage door and held the door for me. I'm 5'3". He is tall.

What a gentleman he is!  Beautiful bouquet for Hannah also.

• Like 1

My friend had supported Hannah through ABS, and was so thrilled she'd finally been nominated étoile, and wanted to send a more personal bouquet than just ordering one online. I got to go and check out a bunch of florists in the Place de la Madeleine on a beautiful day and then have young women asking to photograph the bouquet as I (carefully) walked it round to the Garnier. Bouquet was florist's makeup, the brief was €150 and pretty. I think she did a great job.

• Like 3