HELP with WRONG pointe shoes

gemapiedra

I write this thread in a really sad mood. I apologize for my English, I don’t have the energies to correct it more.

Yesterday I bought at BLOCH a new pair of points cause my last shoes were already dead. I wanted to try this store because of the ”fitter”, I thought that in this way I could find the perfect pair.

I went there and I bought what I thought would be the perfect pair. But today I started sewing it and it’s horrible, it hurts me a lot in the heels, I feel the rubbing in a very high level and make a plié almost impossible.

I don’t understand this change, yesterday it was fine and the store… I do really believe that the girl who was in charge of my pair changed the shoes by mistake. Now I cannot return them bc they are already sewed and I don’t now what to do.

I do not came from a wealthy family, I have been saving money so I can afford a new pair from months, I’m really sad because I can’t buy another pair, I have no money to spend another 100€ 😔

I would like to ask you some tips or advice to solve this problem, how I can make the shoes bigger maybe? I have been doing ballet for my entire life and I always chose my pair carefully and I do my best so they can last longer. At this point of my life where im working so hard so I can afford ballet this is devastating.

Thank you so much for reading. I wait for your responses.

Lots of loves from Spain

edited by Sim to make font legible

1 hour ago, gemapiedra said:

I write this thread in a really sad mood. I apologize for my English, I don’t have the energies to correct it more.

Yesterday I bought at BLOCH a new pair of points cause my last shoes were already dead. I wanted to try this store because of the ”fitter”, I thought that in this way I could find the perfect pair.

I went there and I bought what I thought would be the perfect pair. But today I started sewing it and it’s horrible, it hurts me a lot in the heels, I feel the rubbing in a very high level and make a plié almost impossible.

I don’t understand this change, yesterday it was fine and the store… I do really believe that the girl who was in charge of my pair changed the shoes by mistake. Now I cannot return them bc they are already sewed and I don’t now what to do.

I do not came from a wealthy family, I have been saving money so I can afford a new pair from months, I’m really sad because I can’t buy another pair, I have no money to spend another 100€ 😔

I would like to ask you some tips or advice to solve this problem, how I can make the shoes bigger maybe? I have been doing ballet for my entire life and I always chose my pair carefully and I do my best so they can last longer. At this point of my life where im working so hard so I can afford ballet this is devastating.

Thank you so much for reading. I wait for your responses.

Lots of loves from Spain

I would take them straight back as soon as possible.

It should not matter that you’ve sewn ribbons. What does matter is that the fitter sold you shoes that are ill fitting and could cause problems with your feet. 
There’s no way of stretching satin pointe shoes and they sound as though they could damage your Achilles tendon if it’s digging in high up. 
We have had issues with Bloch fitters in London who were very happy to sell shoes that didn’t suit my DD’s feet. 

I would be returning them and be politely asking for a full refund. They are supposed to be fully educated in pointe shoe fitting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ruby Foo said:

I would take them straight back as soon as possible.

It should not matter that you’ve sewn ribbons. What does matter is that the fitter sold you shoes that are ill fitting and could cause problems with your feet. 
There’s no way of stretching satin pointe shoes and they sound as though they could damage your Achilles tendon if it’s digging in high up. 
We have had issues with Bloch fitters in London who were very happy to sell shoes that didn’t suit my DD’s feet. 

I would be returning them and be politely asking for a full refund. They are supposed to be fully educated in pointe shoe fitting.

Thank you for your reply, I will contact them as soon as possible. 🫂