YBS Easter 2024

BalletMummy123

9 hours ago, BalletMummy123 said:

Same here!! A happy yes for my DD 😃 she’s only 9 so I’m shocked - can’t wait to let her know! X

congrats to your DD BarbaraH ❤️

Congratulations to your daughter as well! My daughter will be 14 the day after tomorrow. And she is so excited to attend the easter residential! It's her first time in Yorkshire. 

My daughter did YBS Easter last year and will be going again this year. She was 13 last Easter so classed as a junior. She is 14 now so will

be classed as a senior. I think is based on school years. I know they had a ballet class, rep class and contemporary everyday. They did a performance at the end to parents which was about an hour long. My daughter really enjoyed it last year, made lots of new friends and improved her ballet a lot. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BarbaraH said:

Anyone any ideas on how the groups are divided? How big are the groups? How many hours of dance? 

As we have never been to YBS we have no idea.

Years 5/6/7 were together as Juniors last Summer but unsure if that will happen again. They dance just about all day, the rooms are in 2’s or 3’s of a similar age. The food is very good and the coaching excellent. Your DD will have a great time. 

• Thanks 1

Any idea what time they normally arrive on the first day for the Spring course, is it just arriving later in the afternoon with no dance that day or drop in the morning and they get going with the dance? trying to work out travel logistics!

We're not going to do it this year after all due to holiday plans (so hopefully someone on the wait list gets a nice email!) but generally with YBS you drop off in the afternoon of the first day, then there is a talk and welcome early evening by the director. Parents don't stay for the talk though. Dancing starts the next morning and there is generally a demo on the morning of the last day, then you leave around lunch time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...