Australian Ballet joiners, leavers and promotions 2023-2024

I'd really rather not, thank you.

In my personal opinion:

He was by far the least of the three Pucks, he is too short for Sharni Spencer with whom he is always paired, giving him so many performances is taking opportunities away from up-and-coming company dancers, and unlike David Hallberg when he was actually named guest principal he is somewhat past his best.

Not to mention, @FionaM, I feel you're being somewhat pre-emptive as despite his frequent appearances with the company in the last two years, all that's ever provided on the company website casting information is an old B&W "headshot" with a Bolle-esque undressed torso, no biography or CV listed or linked. He is no longer employed at ABT or Berlin so I guess he has to do something to pay the bills but I do wish it wasn't here!

I have never met the man and I understand he's quite nice, but if we can afford to pay for guest dancers there are plenty ahead of him on my personal wishlist!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FionaM said:

@Sophoife agree.   Not on my favourites list either.  I struggle with his musicality. 

Well....I saw Danil & Sharni together in Swan Lake & Don Q this year.  I agree that he is a bit short for her however I loved the pyrotechnics!

I think the occassional guest artist is a good thing but too much of it caused problems for ABT, I believe.

One has to wonder why Daniil Simkin’s long standing contracts and/or connections are no longer extant.

Maybe David Hallberg is doing an old friend a favour? It happens…….

(I have only seen him dancing in galas over the years but he holds  little appeal for me.)