Tring Associates

Bondmum

Hi,

my daughter is turning 6 years month and already has the performance bug!
I am looking into my daughter starting Tring associate classes on a Saturday. 
I have registered her but heard nothing back as yet. 
She will still do her normal week day after school classes at her own dance school . 
Does any one else’s child do this and if so is it worth it ? Also, anyone know when we will hear back ? 
thanks in advance x

My DD also started TPA on Saturdays when she was young - I think she was 7 - so this is going back a few years now. To this day, she has nothing but fond memories of it. Sadly, their Head of quite some time now had just left but hopefully the atmosphere and quality of it will stay the same. Although it’s called “associates”, it’s not like say RBS or CSB associates. I don’t think you have to audition until you’re 9 and even then I think the audition is more to gauge the level the child is in therefore finding out which classes would best suit. Most kids we knew back then took multiple classes on Saturdays, I’ve never seen a better timetable elsewhere - RAD and non-syllabus ballet, ISTD modern and tap, PBT,  contemporary, jazz, street, pointe, etc, all in the lovely Park Studios with proper flooring, mirrors and barres. From age 7 for about 2-3 years, my DD spent many happy Saturdays there from around 9am until mid-afternoon. She made lots of new friends as they all hung around the waiting area in between classes. As a parent, it’s a lovely place to wait too. Tring has a great high street, not too busy like London but enough cafes, restos, (pubs) and little shops to keep you occupied for a few hours. There’s a free parking area within the school too so no stress about hunting for a parking space or paying lots to park. I think it changed a bit during the pandemic so I’m not sure if it has stayed the same in terms of kids and parents being able to hang around. We only left as my DD got an associates place on Saturdays otherwise we would have stayed. The quality of the classes are good, exams are regular, so kids do progress well. Class sizes aren’t too big or small either. Regular parent watching days at the end of each term. Very transparent and well run. Best of all, in all our time there, we never experienced or felt like there was competitiveness, or drama or favouritism which is quite often present in a lot of dance schools these days. 

Edited by Neverdancedjustamum
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bondmum said:

Hi,

my daughter is turning 6 years month and already has the performance bug!
I am looking into my daughter starting Tring associate classes on a Saturday. 
I have registered her but heard nothing back as yet. 
She will still do her normal week day after school classes at her own dance school . 
Does any one else’s child do this and if so is it worth it ? Also, anyone know when we will hear back ? 
thanks in advance x

Just to add they’re very good with comms normally. Emails usually come from a lady called Tamara.

23 hours ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

My DD also started TPA on Saturdays when she was young - I think she was 7 - so this is going back a few years now. To this day, she has nothing but fond memories of it. Sadly, their Head of quite some time now had just left but hopefully the atmosphere and quality of it will stay the same. Although it’s called “associates”, it’s not like say RBS or CSB associates. I don’t think you have to audition until you’re 9 and even then I think the audition is more to gauge the level the child is in therefore finding out which classes would best suit. Most kids we knew back then took multiple classes on Saturdays, I’ve never seen a better timetable elsewhere - RAD and non-syllabus ballet, ISTD modern and tap, PBT,  contemporary, jazz, street, pointe, etc, all in the lovely Park Studios with proper flooring, mirrors and barres. From age 7 for about 2-3 years, my DD spent many happy Saturdays there from around 9am until mid-afternoon. She made lots of new friends as they all hung around the waiting area in between classes. As a parent, it’s a lovely place to wait too. Tring has a great high street, not too busy like London but enough cafes, restos, (pubs) and little shops to keep you occupied for a few hours. There’s a free parking area within the school too so no stress about hunting for a parking space or paying lots to park. I think it changed a bit during the pandemic so I’m not sure if it has stayed the same in terms of kids and parents being able to hang around. We only left as my DD got an associates place on Saturdays otherwise we would have stayed. The quality of the classes are good, exams are regular, so kids do progress well. Class sizes aren’t too big or small either. Regular parent watching days at the end of each term. Very transparent and well run. Best of all, in all our time there, we never experienced or felt like there was competitiveness, or drama or favouritism which is quite often present in a lot of dance schools these days. 

Thank you for your detailed reply🙏 

it sounds as lovely as I expected it to. 
I still haven’t heard back from anyone yet so  that’s a little frustrating. I am sure they are busy with audio s for next years intake.