Sarasota Ballet's "Ashton" visit to the Royal Opera House, June 2024

I had no idea there was now a hotel right opposite the ROH and how many times have I walked down Bow St in the last year 🙄 

It might be worth calling in to see if you can have a reasonably cheap coffee/tea in nice surroundings. 
The last time I did this sort of exploring was about a year ago in the big Masonic Hall there …just for a change …in their cafe.

It was fine at first as the room is definitely worth a visit but then suddenly all these men in black suits arrived and we were surrounded….weird or what ….as William Shatner might say but it did look like we were suddenly part of some UFO convention lol! 
Stuck to the ROH cafe or Neros after that. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ondine said:

The London NoMad is the old grade II-listed Bow Street Magistrates’ Court and Police Station.

I don't think anything is going to be cheap there. 

https://www.thenomadhotel.com/london/

A room for tonight is only £2,125... must bear it in mind if I'm ever a bit weary after a performance. 🥴

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, bridiem said:

A room for tonight is only £2,125... must bear it in mind if I'm ever a bit weary after a performance. 🥴

The "Royal Opera Suite" (the most expensive in the hotel) as they are otherwise sold out. 

20 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Ha ha Bridiem 😂 if only! 

I will investigate their public cafe/bar and see what a nice pot of tea costs though no doubt it has to be “afternoon tea” at £50 a go! 

Sorry, LinMM, I think afternoon tea in central London nowadays is more like £60-£75! I got a shock recently when trying to book a table to meet an old friend for a catch up. Probably could get a pot of tea and one piece of cake in a smart London hotel for £50 though! 😄However, if one reads the menu and chooses carefully, there are items in the ROH cafes and bars which are very good value compared to the rest of central London. And according to the till receipt,  their revenue does help RB, RO and ROH. The hardest part is finding a seat or table if you are attending on your own. 

• Like 3

I suppose we all have our rough top prices for everything …..whether shoes, afternoon teas or theatre tickets!!  

My afternoon tea one is in the £10- 15 mark lol!! But this usually only consists of a scone with the usual cream and jam and a pot of tea!! 
If ever down Sussex way a very nice one can be had for £8 in the lovely Litlington tea gardens( £9-50 with extra cake!) 

Sorry now completely off topic …better get back to Sarasota Ballet visit which does seem an awful long way off and might just have to go into this NoMad place when they are here to console myself when no ticket has been obtained given the comparative  few on offer to see them! 

• Like 2