The hammond audition process - upper school

findtherealexit

• Jan McNulty changed the title to The hammond audition process - upper school

For the dance diploma they do a few classes (jazz, contemporary and ballet), physical assessment, perform a solo and have an interview. The solo can be any genre and is 1.30m  dd is in year 11 at the Hammond so I didn’t really have a lot to do with it to be honest because she is up there and sorted it all out herself! This was how it was this year. She enjoyed the audition. There are taster days around November that might be of interest. 

1 hour ago, Holly said:

For the dance diploma they do a few classes (jazz, contemporary and ballet), physical assessment, perform a solo and have an interview. The solo can be any genre and is 1.30m  dd is in year 11 at the Hammond so I didn’t really have a lot to do with it to be honest because she is up there and sorted it all out herself! This was how it was this year. She enjoyed the audition. There are taster days around November that might be of interest. 

thank you for your response ! do you have any idea what the physical assessment entails ?

17 hours ago, findtherealexit said:

thank you for your response ! do you have any idea what the physical assessment entails ?

I think my DD said this is just stretching and mobility exercises done as part of one of the audition classes. No special 1:1 appointments.