Audition options for top companies

DD Driver

It is interesting to see the opportunity to audition for The Australian Ballet (TAB) advertised in London, July.

Maybe a new trend for companies or just a new approach with a new AD.  

Some companies are known to recruit only from their associated vocational school e.g. SAB into NYCB

SFSB & The Australian Ballet tended to follow this model, if not as strictly.

There was also an ad for auditions for Paris Opera in July however I think this is a standard practice.

https://www.instagram.com/audition_company_2020/

• Like 1

Yes @Sophoife I think you have previously outlined the new recruits to TAB last year & where they came from i.e. RBS, SAB, Mariinsky etc.

I do like the idea of open auditions.  

I can see however that it may change the perception of a 'feeder' school.  Maybe the role that these play do change over time.

Or lead to discussions about reciprocal rights to working in overseas companies...

• Like 1

Oh there's a bunch on Facebook who were screaming in anger at the number of people taken last year from the school and the number of recruits from elsewhere. I don't subscribe to their narrow views, and probably should have put 🤣 after my earlier comment 😉 

Any new hires should be quality dancers and will definitely be those who fit the AD's vision, whether they're fresh out of any school or not.