Summer Intensives - what to pack for young dancers

Pinkshoes

Just wondering if anyone has any top tips on what to pack for DDs first Summer Intensive.  Do they need some activities for down time?  Or are they pretty busy all the time?  Also, do they live in leos all week?  Or will she need a lot of 'home clothes', too? 

1 hour ago, Pinkshoes said:

Just wondering if anyone has any top tips on what to pack for DDs first Summer Intensive.  Do they need some activities for down time?  Or are they pretty busy all the time?  Also, do they live in leos all week?  Or will she need a lot of 'home clothes', too? 

I made the mistake last year of not packing normal clothes. The girls seemed to like to change after class .

Pack of cards perhaps - card games seem to be 'back in' !!

Swimwear in case of opportunity for swimming or sunbathing....And sunscreen as they will no doubt sit out if sunny & nothing worse than sunburn when dancing. Am sure she'll love her experience - mine have been doing them from a very early age & always very happy to have new experiences!

Which will she be going to @Pinkshoes? Sometimes there are specifics that apply to a particular intensive, we’ve found. My DD has been to 5-6 different intensives and it’s been suggested they bring, for example, a swimming costume through to character shoes and skirts, to wellies, and/or their own bedding… but not for all! 

Whichever she is doing, I hope she has the best time 😊

• Like 1

A nice bright duvet cover and own pillow. Not sure if this is an intensive in a vocational school but some of the dorms can seem a bit gloomy and dull without the usual students decoration.

Also a Tupperware full of snacks  (healthy and chocolate?)some sliders and fluffy blanket to snuggle in the evenings.