Podiatrist - Midlands

Dancers Dad

On 07/08/2022 at 13:39, Dancers Dad said:

Hi all

Anyone have a podiatrist who knows and understands dance/dancers/pointe work? Ideally Nottingham/Derby/Birmingham but willing to go a bit further afield.

Thanks very much

You are very wise to seek out one with experience & understanding of dancers feet/shoes/work etc

My DC saw a regular podiatrist in our local town & it was a dreadful experience with them saying to a then 13 year at vocational school that they should give up any plans to be a dancer!!! This with no experience working with dancers!! One very upset & anxious young dancer going back to boarding vocational school….

Suggested exercises did help to resolve the injury issue & indeed improve stance which in turn improved arch strength & shape so they did know their stuff - just poor verbal delivery!

Just to say, DC has now completed US with feet that are strong, healthy & just right for ballet! 
Wish I’d asked on here & been prepared to travel for the right expert! 
good luck!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

You are very wise to seek out one with experience & understanding of dancers feet/shoes/work etc

My DC saw a regular podiatrist in our local town & it was a dreadful experience with them saying to a then 13 year at vocational school that they should give up any plans to be a dancer!!! This with no experience working with dancers!! One very upset & anxious young dancer going back to boarding vocational school….

Suggested exercises did help to resolve the injury issue & indeed improve stance which in turn improved arch strength & shape so they did know their stuff - just poor verbal delivery!

Just to say, DC has now completed US with feet that are strong, healthy & just right for ballet! 
Wish I’d asked on here & been prepared to travel for the right expert! 
good luck!

Oh no - that must have been a nightmare. Glad you and your dancer got past that and continued so successfully.

We went to see Clive this week. Very good - good manner, knowledgeable obviously, and keen to act conservatively first, which is sensible. Was able to make a few little adjustments there and then. We came out with more optimism, lots of advice and a shopping list!

Fortunately most recommendations are not expensive: mainly surgical spirit and LIDL hypo-allergenic plasters!

• Like 2