Auditions following Summer Holiday

Beezie

Ahhh, sorry, might not have been clear…

Based on the timing, she’s going to be going into audition/placements after a long summer break and move.  I’m worried I’m setting her up for a situation where she won’t be in the condition or mindset to do her best.

…but don’t really know what I can do:  I thought of maybe having her take some recreational classes for a month after the move, prior to looking at her favorite schools.  Or seeing if her current studio could video her barre at the end of this current year, before the long break.  Maybe I am overthinking all of this.  Everyone has some reconditioning after holidays, right?  And levels can always be changed later.

Thought maybe a parent has some advise from a similar situation.  ….or a teacher can comment on whether this is even a relevant concern. 

How old is she? If she’s 15 or 16, then she’ll be able to keep herself conditioned. If she’s 10 or 11 then just give her a break! Ballet schools will be looking at potential at that age.

Most ballet studios don’t require auditions; if you’re looking at vocational schools, then it’s a much longer process. But is dependent on age - there’s a point at which achieved ability outweighs potential, but it really depends on the school. The national vocational school I know best (from a family member’s attendance - I took her to the audition) focussed on potential and achievement in equal parts even at 15 because they wanted to mould and form their dancers into the style and training they wanted. 

She’ll be 10-11.  The move will not be in the UK.  

We have moved several times for work when she was younger, and finding new dance schools has been trial and error.  Now that she is older, hoping for it to be less ‘error.’