MDS Forms 21

Ballet Dreams

I was just wondering whether any vocational schools have issued the MDS MD1 form yet for this year?  We were told we would be sent them in May or June and have not been sent any forms yet. Are the forms usually sent out this late ?  

Edited by Ballet Dreams

We had an email to say it was delayed because they are waiting for information from the DfE.

If it’s the first time you have filled one in, you could get together your P60 and three months of payslips. That will definitely be required. A top tip is to photograph each page, as next year’s will be almost identical and it saves a lot of time! xx

• Like 2

Yes it’s the first time I have filled one in.  Thank you for your suggestion, some one said something about unearned income of children, is that correct do I just get copies of statement of interest on savings for my children. Also do you need copies of child benefit awards etc it would be great to know what we need so I can start to request information which may take some time.    I am guessing the information they require is similar to the MDS for CATs I have found guidance notes on line for the completion of these forms so perhaps I should collate the information asked for on these forms.  

Edited by Ballet Dreams

I have found last years MDS photos… you need your P60, March payslip, documentation to show superannuation and/ or pension contributions, self assessment form (if self employed), business accounts if appropriate, plus evidence of all other income, such as child maintenance, interest on accounts, pensions, dividends, unearned income of children etc.

If you expect that your earnings will be significantly different in the coming year, you can fill in an extra page for a current year assessment.

I have never been asked for evidence of child benefit, which comes under non-taxable social security benefits, presumably because it is standard for all families that are in receipt of it.

I completed last year’s form on 25th June, and that was a year that it arrived late due to delays at the DfE, so this year is very late… I expect to have to have a fairly quick turnaround on it!

You get sent a booklet along with the form, which explains how to complete it. It is fairly straightforward, but does take ages the first time you do it!

Good luck!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SissonneDoublee said:

I have found last years MDS photos… you need your P60, March payslip, documentation to show superannuation and/ or pension contributions, self assessment form (if self employed), business accounts if appropriate, plus evidence of all other income, such as child maintenance, interest on accounts, pensions, dividends, unearned income of children etc.

If you expect that your earnings will be significantly different in the coming year, you can fill in an extra page for a current year assessment.

I have never been asked for evidence of child benefit, which comes under non-taxable social security benefits, presumably because it is standard for all families that are in receipt of it.

I completed last year’s form on 25th June, and that was a year that it arrived late due to delays at the DfE, so this year is very late… I expect to have to have a fairly quick turnaround on it!

You get sent a booklet along with the form, which explains how to complete it. It is fairly straightforward, but does take ages the first time you do it!

Good luck!

Thank you so much I will get cracking on this today.  I really appreciate your help and I am sure others will too.  Thanks again x

• Like 1