Mariinsky Don Quixote live relay 4.2.21

I can’t see this mentioned anywhere here yet but would be grateful, mods, if you could move this if I have missed a relevant thread.

Mariinsky did a live relay of Don Q on 4th Feb 2021 still available on Medici TV to subscribe or rent - for a week - I think. 

https://www.medici.tv/en/ballets/

Even if you’ve seen many performances of Don Q this is one to warm the heart: superlative artists Viktoria Tereshkina and Kimin Kim at the top of their game in the terrific Mariinsky production.

Some fine performances in the supporting roles and the entrance of the matadors is guaranteed to lift spirits jaded by months of lockdown and loss of live ballet. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, annamk said:

I can’t see this mentioned anywhere here yet but would be grateful, mods, if you could move this if I have missed a relevant thread.

Mariinsky did a live relay of Don Q on 4th Feb 2021 still available on Medici TV to subscribe or rent - for a week - I think. 

https://www.medici.tv/en/ballets/

Even if you’ve seen many performances of Don Q this is one to warm the heart: superlative artists Viktoria Tereshkina and Kimin Kim at the top of their game in the terrific Mariinsky production.

Some fine performances in the supporting roles and the entrance of the matadors is guaranteed to lift spirits jaded by months of lockdown and loss of live ballet. 

I saw Tereshkina as Kitri at the Birmingham Hippodrome in Summer 2008 when some junior members of the Kirov visited.  

We called it Kirov Lite.  However, there was nothing 'lite' about her performance.  I regard it as being the 3rd best ever in A leading classical role I have seen.  I will be subscribing just to see her.

Many thanks for pointing this out.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2021 at 12:06, annamk said:

From video clips, Annamk, Kimin Kim does seem to be at the top of his game. Even with my very mixed feelings about the Mariinsky's dealing with the health aspects of its full programming, such as no seat spacing for the audiences, etc., Kimin Kim has, for me, been an inspiration through all of this. 

• Like 3