Mikhailovsky ballet videos

4 minutes ago, Janite said:

Oh thank you 

Please, tell me what do you think!...

In 2010 Mikhailovsky brought this production to the London Coliseum. Ekaterina Borchenko danced the main role.

Edited by aqualia2008

4 hours ago, aqualia2008 said:

https://www.danceeurope.net/

At the Mikhailovsky Theatre with Mikhail Messerer

This film goes behind the scenes at the Mikhailovsky Theatre in St Petersburg with Principal Guest Ballet Master Mikhail Messerer, and follows the company's dancers  in class and in rehearsal for Messerer's staging of Laurencia.

Thanks, aqualia! Any hope that the Mikhailovsky might make their complete Laurencia available, either as a webcast/stream or DVD-Blu-ray? It’s a lovely ballet that’s rarely seen in the West.

13 hours ago, Jeannette said:

Thanks, aqualia! Any hope that the Mikhailovsky might make their complete Laurencia available, either as a webcast/stream or DVD-Blu-ray? It’s a lovely ballet that’s rarely seen in the West.

Dear Jeannette,

Here the full Laurencia from Mikhailovsky. Starring Osipova and Vasiliev.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XVuwWeNZGE

• Like 1

Most definitely, aqualia. I’m particularly interested in the Mikhailovsky’s rarities but appreciate the better-known ballets, such as the Messerer Swan Lake. I wish that the theater would bring back its full-length Esmeralda - a real treasure. The brief (one-hour) mid-1990s DVD starring Khabibulina does not do that production justice. I saw the full ballet many times during my years living in Russia, with either Kirsanova or Khabibulina in the leading role.

• Like 2

Aqualia2008, I found another recent Mikhailovsky treasure (Act I of two) - Cipollino by Mayorov/K. Khachaturian. It’s a beautiful, crisp professional film. (Unable to copy-paste the direct link...search Cipollino ballet - channel Ballet Opera.)  

I’m curious about the date of this excellent filming. Do you know? I saw this during the London tour ca-2011 and was wondering if the film was made at around the same time. I’m also wondering if you happen to know who danced the twin Countess Cherries, as these aren’t listed at the start of the film, with the others?

Main cast, listed:

Cipollino - Denis Tolmachev

Little Radish - Yulia Tikka

Main pdd. Act II:

Magnolia - Olga Stepanova

Count Cherry - Artem Pukhachev

Prince Lemon - Alexander Omar

Signor Tomato - Vladimir Tsal

Conductor/Cactus - Mikhail Pabyzin (?)

Thanks, in advance, for your insights! What a delightful ballet and colorful production. A perfect antidote to these troubled times.

Edited by Jeannette

This was in summer 2010 at the Coliseum. I went specifically to see the rarities, incl Laurencia (Perren & Matvienko), mixed  bill with Cavalry’s Halt (Lomachenkova, Ploom) and, of course, Cipollino (Kuznetsov & Yapparova...different from the stars of the film that I found on YouTube). 

Thanks for your educated guess on the date of the film. :)

Edited by Jeannette