Last minute tickets

Hi, 

a friend and I are planning on visiting London at some point through January and are hoping to see a performance at the ROH. However, as the trip is for university interviews and the university  have said that they would provide the final details in the new year, including the dates, we are unable to organise tickets just yet. How easy it is to buy tickets last minute? I know from previously going through the uni interview process that sometimes dates can be given as little as a week in advance and I would worry about not being able to get tickets that late.

In the past I have always bought tickets months in advance so this is very new territory!

There is a ticket scheme called Friday Rush whereby a modest number of tickets at all prices are sold online at 1pm on Friday for performances the following week. 

There is a webpage explaining the details. 

https://www.roh.org.uk/events/friday-rush

Tickets for popular shows will go very fast in the minutes following the 1pm release so it is best to be familiar with the website, choice of tickets etc to make sure that you are speedy in adding what you want to your basket. 

It is also always worth posting on the Ticket Exchange page what you want as many people's plans change in the months between booking and the performance. 

Good of luck with the tickets and the interviews. 

• Like 3

On 29/12/2019 at 23:32, SugarPlum2000 said:

Hi, 

a friend and I are planning on visiting London at some point through January and are hoping to see a performance at the ROH. However, as the trip is for university interviews and the university  have said that they would provide the final details in the new year, including the dates, we are unable to organise tickets just yet. How easy it is to buy tickets last minute? I know from previously going through the uni interview process that sometimes dates can be given as little as a week in advance and I would worry about not being able to get tickets that late.

In the past I have always bought tickets months in advance so this is very new territory!

There are often returns in the last few days before a performance that was previously sold out.  You just need to keep refreshing the availability page regularly and you will get something.   I’ve had lots of tickets 2-3 days before that way.

On 29/12/2019 at 23:52, ajf said:

There is a ticket scheme called Friday Rush whereby a modest number of tickets at all prices are sold online at 1pm on Friday for performances the following week. 

There is a webpage explaining the details. 

https://www.roh.org.uk/events/friday-rush

Tickets for popular shows will go very fast in the minutes following the 1pm release so it is best to be familiar with the website, choice of tickets etc to make sure that you are speedy in adding what you want to your basket. 

It is also always worth posting on the Ticket Exchange page what you want as many people's plans change in the months between booking and the performance. 

Good of luck with the tickets and the interviews. 

Thank you for this info - the Friday rush idea sounds good although if tickets run out quickly then it also sounds really stressful 😂

14 hours ago, FionaE said:

There are often returns in the last few days before a performance that was previously sold out.  You just need to keep refreshing the availability page regularly and you will get something.   I’ve had lots of tickets 2-3 days before that way.

thank you - I will just have to see what  options are available when the time comes. Living in the north means I don’t get many chances to see the royal ballet unless it’s at the cinema so I like to take any chance I get to see them.