Degas Leos

Giselle21

Just wondering which are preferred Degas leos? Looking at 9501 & 9502...not sure of difference...but DD’s preference would be most  high cut.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Yet another  new area to research...and just when I thought I was getting there with all this!😂

The 9501 was the one most coveted by my daughter after seeing lots on lovely dancers at Summer Schools/Auditions! As French make I was expecting them to come up small so just in case I ordered 2 sizes.... it was the smaller of the 2 she needed in the end so sizing quite accurate...

I found Just Ballet super helpful; they posted the 2 & they arrived very promptly & refunded the returned one equally quick plus they look a pre-order for another in another colour (mug mum!!) & as soon as in phoned or e’d to see if required & took payment & posted. P & P charged fair..the Leo’s are lovely quality & very flattering & balletic. Yes, expensive but still way cheaper then the  Claudia Dean (like I said, mug mum!😏) with the unexpected extra import cost this end which meant it worked out at over £75!! (Though is lovely & great quality also!) 

I was convinced all these needed for courses.... then found the recent Spring Intensive at ENBS was black Leo’s only so do check what’s needed not just wanted first 😉

Edited by Peanut68
Typo

4 hours ago, Irishdancemom said:

Just wondering which are preferred Degas leos? Looking at 9501 & 9502...not sure of difference...but DD’s preference would be most  high cut.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Yet another  new area to research...and just when I thought I was getting there with all this!😂

If you're looking for higher leg line cut, this would be the 9502, although the chest bit also comes down lower I find - compared to the 9501.  Both are lovely and classical, although perhaps the 9501 slightly more so.  Just Ballet stock a wide range of colours in these two styles, but do contact them as Sheila is amazingly lovely.  I found Degas comes up smaller than other brands so make sure you check measurements if possible.  My daughter is 9 years old but wears the child size 12A in Degas.  She was wearing size 10A child since she was 7.  Feel free to DM me if you want any more info from a mum's point of view - I think my DD has Degas in over a dozen different colours and about as many styles.  It's a firm favourite and I highly recommend it  :-)

My DD is a petite 13 year old and wears the Adult T0 in both the 9501 and 9502. We have a bit of a collection too (from

Sheila!) and the colours and fabrics are gorgeous. 

Agree with Balletchauffeurstylistfan that they seem to come out on the small side. On my DD, the T0 in both of these styles is a tiny bit long in the body so I shorten the straps at the back ( quite easy with the camisole style).  This also means that they are not quite as low at the front, which she feels more comfortable with. 

Her other favourites are Luckyleos (less classical in style but so many custom options and really pretty!!) and Collections by Claudia (very classical, nice high cut legs). Both of these are expensive options though given import charges! 

Thank you for your kind words! ❤️  Degas leos should some with a health warning as they are addictive! 

They do come up smaller than other brands and the 9502 is marginally higher in the leg line than the 9501, but both are very flattering and a good choice for auditions or uniforms for associates etc. The V cut neckline can cone low at the front if you have a long torso, but it does elongate the neck...some dancers find going up a size and taking the straps up at the back sorts out any issues with a low front.

We are the UK stockist and happy to help with sizing and colours. We have a rolling order with Degas, all their leotards are made in France.  We try and keep a large range in stock and also order whatever people need. Just send me a message here or to sales@justballet.co.uk :) 

Sx

• Like 3

Thanks so much for all the info. Had forgotten to ask about sizing so great to have advice on that too before ordering! Love this forum😍

ps. Sheila...I’m sending you an email, thanks for the reply.