Floor recommendations

shygirlsmum

I am currently decorating dd’s bedroom and thought it might be nice to put up a bar but I don’t want to take up the carpet.  I wondered if I could get some sort of removable flooring to put near bar for pointe work.  Has anyone done similar or has suggestions.

TIA

A quick google for "portable dance floor" comes up with several suggestions which might be useful

The last one looks really good and their blurb says it can be laid on top of carpet. They are US based but appear to ship world wide.

There are loads of others too.

Hope my dd isn't reading this, she will have portable floor envy. We don't have much space, so our local gym (that has a dance studio) has taken pity on an impoverished dance student and let her use the facilities in the holidays provided that there isn't a class going on. It has a mirror too :)

DDs dance school were laying a new floor and we were lucky enough to buy the off cuts which now reside on the playroom floor.....one v lucky girl. It isn’t a huge amount but enough especially as we have wooden floors throughout the house. 

• Like 1