Elmhurst year 9

balletmum20

Congrats to your DD. The normal Y9 timetable includes 2 hours ballet Mon-Fri, 4 hours academics every day plus a further 2 hours dance Mon-Tues. Friday afternoons they have enrichment time & non-leave out weekends RAD class on Saturday mornings. Classes start 8:30 and finish around 6pm except for Fridays when they finish at 2:45 for leave out weekends or 5pm otherwise. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by dancefanatic

Yes it will. She will be put with the appropriate group as RAD classes are not run by year group if that makes sense. And question away! There are a few Elmhurst parents on here and we’re all happy to help as wasn’t that long ago we were in your shoes. 

Thankyou,  

i know Elmhurst do advance foundation, and my dd has been in adv 1 for the past 7 months and at the Hammond where she is now, they don’t do adv foundation after there intermediate, what I’m concerned about is that the 7 months if doing adv1 now to be put in the lower grade? 

Thanks again for all your help x 

The current Y9 are doing Advanced Foundation but I know they go up to Adv1&2 plus Solo Seal so don’t worry on that score. I know of girls who joined in Y7 at a higher level than their class mates so they went to the higher level class with other year groups. My DD hadn’t done any RAD when she joined in Y8 but was allowed to move up with the rest of her year group that Christmas even though she hadn’t done the Intermediate exam - being new she didn’t want to do class with the Y7 as she felt out of place anyway having joined at half term etc. So I feel sure Ms Whiteman will put your DD in the class she’s already working at. Just let the school know your concerns. I’m not sure what the difference in the two classes as I understand Advanced Foundation is a new class in the RAD syllabus anyway...

Edited by dancefanatic

Yes it’s all the unknown, I’m looking forward to the induction day so I can put my worries to bed! 

My dd is very excited about starting and has always wanted Elmhurst so for her it’s like a dream, she is now in countdown, I think it’s us mums who do all the worrying, 

do you know on the induction day is the uniform available to buy or do you have to ring and order the uniform? 

I’m really sorry with all these questions x 

Unfortunately we didn’t get to do an induction day as my DD’s place came after summer school 😞   I have a feeling Dancing Boutique didn’t attend last year’s induction though think they have in previous years. There is a closed second hand uniform group on Facebook as find most of the formal uniform is passed along as worn so infrequently! The bits I bought new I did over the phone with DB (I had 3 weeks to get it all ready in!). 

My dd joined last September in Y9. DB weren't at the induction day they did a separate visit but we didn't go as it would have meant another day off work.

I would try and buy the formal uniform 2nd hand as they hardly wear it. I had lots of help from other mum's over uniform - especially dancefanatic 😁

40 minutes ago, balletmum20 said:

Ah at least you did not have time to stress about it all! How lovely being offered a place from summer school, is your dd in year 9? 

I hope they do attend as it’s hard working out the sizing 

thsnks again

Thanks and yes, my DD is currently Y9. In turn, I found other mums really helpful when doing my rushing around! There is probably a private FB parents page set up for your year which you will also find useful. Unfortunately I don’t know any of the parents outside my DD’s year so can’t point you in the right direction. But think they’ll be someone who can!

Hello balletmum 20 .. Welcome to Elmhurst!  My daughter is in current year 8. She says none of her year group are in advanced 1 as they are yet to take their intermediate exam. So my guess would be the advanced foundation class? But it's only a guess, I don't really know. It's going to be a big year group, approx 30 with the boys she thinks!

Feel free to pm me if you want to x

45 minutes ago, daughtersdance said:

Hello balletmum 20 .. Welcome to Elmhurst!  My daughter is in current year 8. She says none of her year group are in advanced 1 as they are yet to take their intermediate exam. So my guess would be the advanced foundation class? But it's only a guess, I don't really know. It's going to be a big year group, approx 30 with the boys she thinks!

Feel free to pm me if you want to x

Thankyou, I’ve just joined the elmhurst year 8 Facebook page, nice to connect with some of the parents x