A Happy News Story

A lovely link from today's BBC website.  What a great achievement!  This lad looks like he has good potential, and I wish him the best of luck at the SAB!  I look forward to following his progress, and hope that he gets all the support he needs enabling him to cope with this new life and succeed in his career.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-india-40484608/amir-shah-india-s-billy-elliot-takes-off

• Like 11

Thanks so for this, Sim.  This reminds me of the projects I did with two different groups of university drama students in two different Indian prisons; one in Bangalore and the other in Mumbai where this lad is from.  There is just so much creative talent squeezed into this zealous economy of fabulous scale ... and their language skills - especially coming from a country where progressively so many in similar institutions earnestly struggle with functional literacy - were HUGELY impressive.  There is just such passion in their expression of joy; in their sense of play.  I found it all hugely exciting and the open generosity of spirit between the men and certainly between the generations was deeply touching.  I was delighted when I was able to help get one very deserving young inmate an Oxford scholarship and so look forward to similar potential during my next sojourn in India in 2020.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 5