Pas de Deux classes

RachelC

Hi all

Can anyone recommend somewhere for one off pas de deux classes/workshops? I did teacher rather than performance training, so apart from a bit of contemporary contact work I don't have pas de deux experience. I would like to choreograph some duets for my older students but I don't think copying off youtube is a good idea so I would like to learn a bit myself. I currently take advanced level classes so I'm (reasonably) in shape.

I liked the look of the Ballet Cymru summer intensive, and I don't mind dancing with teenagers, but it's the week of my daughter's birthday. I wondered if any of the open dance studios in London would do some private lessons?

Thanks

Henry St Clair holds some pas de deux workshops from time to time.

His current class listings are here . It's worth contacting him through the contact page on his site to ask for furhter info.

Disclaimer: I went to his summer workshops for the last 2 years and attend the weekly classes sometimes.

Hi RachelC

You could try Lisa Marie Probert on strengthgraceballet@gmail.com as I know she used to run PDD classes on Sundays in London , but they may not be there now, but its worth a try.

Also try DanceAlives “Ballet Bootcamp” on the 4th of June 10:00–17:00, at the Place 17 Dukes Road, WC1H 9PY London .

It consists of: Ballet, pointe work, variation, repertoire, pilates, boys “jumps and turns” and pas de deux (TBC, depending of male dancers). Further details and booking http://www.dancealive.london/workshop/ballet/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This popped up on my Facebook feed today for anyone interested....Karis from En Avant ballet is running a Pas de Deux workshop with Claire Calvert and Nicol Edmonds. I had a quick look at the Masterclasses section on her website and it seems to be an event she's run before. I've not done any of Karis' classes myself, so not sure of level etc.

MOTIVATIONAL•MONDAY||
Details just released for our upcoming Pas De Deux Workshop with special guest dancers from The Royal Ballet, First Soloist Claire Calvert & Soloist Nicol Edmonds 1f64c_1f3fb.png??
To find out more, sign up to our mailing list via karis enavantballet.co.uk . . . NOT to be missed!

• Like 1