Danceworks Summer Intensive, any experiences?

Medora

• 1 year later...

Hi did you end up going to the summer intensive?  I am considering signing our daughter up as sadly didn't make YBSS this year, but watching the video on their website looks like the classes might be very large!  Anyone have any experience of their summer weeks?

Hello,

my daughter has attended the summer intensive for 2yrs now, this summer will be her third year. She absolutely loves it and has learnt so much as a summer student and as a academy member. The teachers are very experienced and attentive to all developing needs no child feels left out. She has not found the classes to large. Danceworks ballet summer school provides a caring, safe, structured intensive course where my daughter has learnt lots and made lovely friends. I definitely would recommend. Hope this helps.

Hi, I’m a full time student and Dansworks’ ballet academy and i also did their summer intensive last year. I am a senior student but i can tell that with the joy on the younger ones’ faces they wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I moved from America last year and finding a good ballet school here in London was very difficult. My mum came across DBA and just by looking at the website i knew how amazing and proffesional the school is. I will be doing there SI again this year and i am incredibly excited! I hope this gave you some insight on the school. 

Hello. My son is also a senior student at Danceworks Ballet Academy and this summer will attend his third summer intensive.  The teachers are incredibly generous and supportive and have nurtured him with care since he started there. The summer fortnight will be led by these teachers but will also have guest teachers who  who introduce the children to new perspectives. Kim White, the principle, is an inspiration and my son has learnt lessons for life from her, not just ballet. I can't recommend highly enough.

Hi,

I did the Summer School of Danceworks Ballet Academy twice. The Academy, founded by director Kim White, is for all levels and provides the most professional classes taught by amazing teachers, including international guest teachers and dancers, e.g. Michaela De Prince, Sergei Polunin. Students have the privilege to perform on stage with professional dancers. I personally got such an amazing opportunity to dance with the First Artist of Royal Ballet Erico Montes. 

Thanks to very high quality of the School, I feel I have improved my dance technique as well as artistic skills. I can fully recommend it as the best ballet course experience.

Eliska